STRAWBERRY CRUMBLE TRAYBAKE
- 225 grams butter/coconut oil
- 100 grams unrefined brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract optional
- 1/2 tsp. bicarbonate of soda
- 200 grams oats
- 150 grams wholemeal or plain flour
- 2 tbsp high fruit strawberry jam
- 200 grams strawberries (chopped) you can also use frozen
- Oven 180c
- Melt the butter then stir in the sugar, salt, cinnamon,vanill and bicarb. Once mixed, stir in the oats and flour and bring together until there are no traces of uncoated oats/flour.
- Using two thirds of the mixture, firmly press into a greased 20cm square deep baking tin. Spread the jam over the base (if your jam is quite firm, mix it with a little water beforehand) then equally scatter the chopped strawberries over the jam. Sprinkle over the remaining traybake mix and press down lightly.
- Bake for 45 - 50 mins. If using a silicone baking mould, remember to place this on a metal baking tray first to prevent your bake breaking up when transporting to and from the oven.
- Leave to cool at least half an hour before cutting and removing the traybake (unless of course, you don’t mind it breaking up!)
The recipes are free to everyone to use (please give credits to us if you choose to use them), and always will be, but our non-profit organisation incurs many costs to keep it running. If you would like to help keep it going, please consider giving a donation.